Friday, October 14, 2011

What I Shudda Said Wuz...

It is 1:37 a.m. and I am still up. I am replaying conversations over in my head and weighing the options of how I would act and react if I had the chance to relive the day. Why is it that some people do this and others don't? I know people who, from the time they were old enough to be conscious of the world around them, they are confident that every decision they make and every word they utter is absolutely righteous and correct. From what people should wear to what countries to invade, they have no doubt what is best for the rest of us. I, on the other hand, allow myself to be chastised and guiltridden for getting in the express lane with 12 items instead of 10. Am I more studid than they are? Am I selfish and thoughtless? Am I just immature?

My mother used to say, "The rest of the world must be right sometimes." Well, I am thinking, "I must be right sometimes. I must be!"

1 comment:

Jason said...

Don't know but some who might read this might ask, "I wonder if she is talking about me?" And then reply conversations with you over in their heads again and again and again.

I wonder if Jesus was that sort of person who thought "what I shudda said wuz..."?