Friday, January 16, 2009

Do You NEED me to help you to the car with that?

Yet another nicety of our society that has gone by the wayside is the nice teenager who politely and efficiently sacked our grocieries and carried them out to the car for us. I miss him. I am perfectly able physically, mentally and emotionally, to sack and transport my own groceries but I still miss having someone else do it. It was a good way (when properly supervised) to help a young person learn some responsibility and work skills and express appreciation to paying customers. Last night I bought about $350.00 of groceries and Angie and Addie and I had to unload them to be checked out then help sack them and carry them to the car. Are you listening, Albertsons, Kroger, and Tom Thumb? The CEO of Albertson's holding Company, Jefferey Noddle, has a five year compensation package of 18.5 million dollars! He should personally be available to carry my groceries to the car!

Stretch,
Jo

No comments: